Friday, June 12, 2020

|| Tricks & Tips of Public Speaking ||

Public Speaking GIF by Sarah Schmidt - Find & Share on GIPHY
|| 𝒯𝓇𝒾𝒸𝓀𝓈 & 𝒯𝒾𝓅𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝒫𝓊𝒷𝓁𝒾𝒸 𝒮𝓅𝑒𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 ||


Hi, welcome back to my blog! My blog topic for today will be about public speaking. As a speaker, you would set this goal to do your best to deliver your piece without having to mess up your posture and lines. Speaking in front of a large audience can often make you feel self-conscious and anxious. So, I'll be sharing a few of my own tricks & tips that might help you improve your skills in public speaking. I am not an expert but I want to do what I can to help others improve their skills in public speaking.



ᴛɪᴘ #1 - ᴘʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴄᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇꜱ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛ


    Practicing is one way for you to develop your skills and improve your confidence. The speaker should always aim to deliver the piece in the best way possible. I practice by doing research, taking down one-worded key points of my topic, and practicing how I deliver and present my speech. Mastering your speech can help you gain confidence and will leave you the sense of assurance that your performance will go out well. The more you practice on your speech, the more natural and free-flowing it would sound when you finally present it in front.


ᴛɪᴘ #2 - ꜱᴛᴜᴅʏ & ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʟᴏᴛꜱ ᴏꜰ ɴᴏᴛᴇꜱ


    Understanding your topic is a big help when making your speech. When searching information about your topic, make sure that the site you are getting it from is reliable. I would usually state the pros and the cons in my speech for the audience to be aware of the positive and negatives of the topic. It is always good to be aware and have knowledge of what you're talking about to avoid misinforming the audience.


ᴛɪᴘ #3 - ʀᴇʟᴀx


    Going up on stage and facing the large audience can make you feel self-conscious and quite anxious, you have to try your best to be relaxed otherwise you might forget all your lines and what you had practiced. I advise setting yourself in a quiet environment for you to focus properly or you can play relaxing music on your phone or speaker to help you relax and focus on rehearsing your speech. Avoiding unnecessary disruptions will help maintain focus and a calm and clear mind.


ᴛɪᴘ #4 - ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴇʏᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀᴄᴛ


    Eye contact is very important especially when delivering your speech. Eye contact is a way for you to connect to your audience, it allows you to receive immediate feedback or understanding from them. This is one way of showing that you are confident and have mastered your piece. I made it a habit to make eye contact with only one person to help me focus on my speech.



ᴛɪᴘ #5 - ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇꜱᴛ


    When you look good, you feel good. Putting on a good set of clothes for your presentation helps you boost up your confidence. Wear something formal or casual that makes you feel comfortable to be in. Do not overdress or put little effort in your presentation, dress to look your best!

ᴛɪᴘ #6 - ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ, ɪᴍᴘʀᴏᴠɪꜱᴇ


    It is normal to lose track of your train of thought when losing your focus. The best way to bounce back is to improvise. How? You can improvise by doing ad-lib. It is a trick I use when I cannot remember the next line to my speech.


    These are a few of the many things that I use to help present myself in front of the audience. It took me a lot of time and practice. So, do not rush yourself, work at your own pace. I hope these tips and tricks can also help you. Stay tuned for my next blog post next week!

-𝓓𝓪𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪𝓷

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk Business

 Let's Talk Business  ᴛɪᴘꜱ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ꜱᴍᴀʟʟ ʙᴜꜱɪɴᴇꜱꜱ Hi, everyone! It's been a while since I last wrote for my blog. I'v...

About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog. I am an amateur writer, digital artist & student entrepreneur. I made this blog to share tips and tricks to use and learn while being in the comfort of your own home!